Index...for not getting completelly lost! :)

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Inis Oìrr: its dolphin and its beach

Inis Oírr is one of the Aran Islands.

If you want to escape from civilization and get lost amongst green fields, ancient ruins, animals, clear beaches, etc...so go to the Aran Islands.

They are three: the Inishmór (the biggest), the Inishmaan (the middle one) and Inis Oírr (the smallest).

I have been cycling ;)  Inishmór and Inis Oírr (cycling is the best way to visit the islands, and you can rent the bike for 12-15 euros directly when you arrive on the Islands).

I will come back to these two islands with other posts...

Here I want to tell you about its dolphin...

Several beaches in Ireland have their own dolphin who became a kind of mascot..the most famous is for sure Fungie in Dingle (well, I will also tell you soon or later how I woke up at 6 am to try to swim with him in an almost zero degree water)...

And Inis Oírr has Dusty, Sandy, Clet..well I did not know this otherwise I would have been gone prepared instead of taking out running shoes and rolling up the jeans for quickly enter in the water and taking the pictures...


Now probably you are also thinking the same of what I thought when I saw the girls swimming without the swimming suit...Irish mysteries...and Irish strength! ;)..or just being young! :)


This father was fantastic...he chased the dolphin for 15 minutes for bringing the daughter as close as possible...



And this is the amazing multicolour beach of Inis Oírr... 

 
and the small island seen from the boat... 


More info on Inis Oírr
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inisheer
http://discoverinisoirr.com/

And on the dolphin :) http://www.dustythedolphin.com/

PS: nice photos (;))..nice to see children with dolphins, swimming with a dolphin is my dream..BUT NOTE that dolphins in the sea are wild dolphins, and attention should always be placed for our and their safety!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment