Index...for not getting completelly lost! :)

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Fungie the dolphin - Dingle (part 1)

The reason why I have decided to go to Dingle, to wake up one day at 6:00 am to be at the harbour at 7:15 am, to wear there - in a desert and still sleeping village - a 7 cm thick swimming DRY-suit (included its shoes), and at certain point between 8 am to 10 am to jump in an almost zero degree water....is a DOLPHIN...

More exactly, a well-know dolphin, FUNGIE....and from what I had read and been told...a very friendly dolphin with a preference for women ( ;)) ..I thought that could have been the occasion for realising my dream of swimming with dolphins..

Well, after some come-and-go, Jimmy told me to jump into the water..Jimmy is the nice and well-prepared man from the Dingle Dolphin Boat Tours who brought us around within the two hours Early Morning Trip (well, the name says already a lot! :)) to try to get close to Fungie as much as possible.

So I did..I jumped...

I am a good swimmer...really...but when I entered in the water I was shocked...

It was my first time I was wearing a swimming suit, and the sensation of being immobilised was quite scaring...together with the cold in my face and in the hands (then I put the gloves on)..

The dark sky and the dark water were not helping much.

I really thank Jimmy for his ability to read my face....he told me to go close to the boat and he reassured me...he gave me then the life belt...and after that, everything was easy and nice...(but please, do not say this around..it would be a shame for my swimming trainer ;))

A part that, Fungie seemed not to like me too much..as he was neither interested to see who else was in the water...;(

Well, ...maybe next time a swim in Australia or New Zealand will be easier...;)

Here some photos of the morning trip, also with me...I do not like to put photos of myself in this blog..but well, this has to be remembered as one of the (several) "crazy" things I did in Ireland (ha, yes, as a parenthesis...I was the only one of the boat to swim that morning....;)..and yes, I think I had temperature!)



Me alone at the Dingle harbour at 7:15 am....with my fantastic swimming dry suit!!


 

Some visits  around the Dingle Peninsula...
 
 
 
 
And finally Fungie! :)
 




 

 
 Au revoir Fungie!!!!

 
*** All photos of this post have been taken with a compact camera


No comments:

Post a Comment