Index...for not getting completelly lost! :)

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Inis Mór: its Seal Colony and my new 200 mm which was not enough


I had read about the seal colony, in the north coast of the Island (beach of Portmurvy), in the guide, and I did not want to miss it...well, also to try my brand new lens...70-200 mm f4....:)

It had to be my first stop...but I guess I missed the place...as I could not find it..

Lost all the hopes, and with just half an hour before the last ferry of the day would have left the island....cycling to go back to the harbour..I found this signal...


I literally jumped off the bicycle, found a place where to change the lens..covered myself and the camera with the jacket to make this delicate operation ;) (without caring if people was thinking I was crazy), and run towards it (as much as possible) on muddy rocks and with a "baby" of almost 2 kg in my neck...

This is the result (cut from the originals)...I would have needed a 300-400 mm...but ok....

PS: yes, I was still able to take the ferry ;)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment